Council Tax

Council Tax

Your Council Tax explained 2024/25

About our budgeting decisions and how they affect Council Tax bills

Contact the Council Tax office

How to get in touch if you can't do it online

Tell us if you move home

Let us know if you are moving to a new address in Swindon

Apply for a Council Tax exemption

Find out what makes a property exempt and make an application

Property bands and charges

Find out about bands and charges and find out yours

Reductions for people with disabilities

Find out if you apply for a reduction because of a disability

Council Tax liability appeals

Appeal against a valuation decision

Proceedings for bankruptcy or liquidation for unpaid Council Tax

What happens if we take proceedings against you

Committal proceedings for unpaid Council Tax

What to do if you receive a summons from the Magistrates' Court

Making deductions from your Council Tax

Taking payment from your salary or benefits for unpaid Council Tax

Enforcement agents and unpaid Council Tax

When bailiffs are involved in collecting Council Tax

Landlords and agents' Council Tax payments

How to advise of a change in tenancy

Completion notices

About us giving notice when we expect work on an empty property to be complete