Exchanging your council home

How to apply for an exchange

If you think you can apply for an exchange, download and complete the following forms:

When these are completed, you can bring them in to Customer Services, or post them to the address below:

Mutual Exchanges
Civic Offices
Euclid Street

You will need to fill out an application form even if you are not a tenant of Swindon Borough Council. You may also need to complete a form for your exchange partner’s landlord.

If you have carried out any work to your home without permission, you must apply for permission as soon as you can. This is so it does not hold up the exchange process. You can do this by writing to your Neighbourhood Housing Officer.

For further guidance, refer to the document below:


Was this information helpful?

Help us improve swindon.gov.uk

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.