Changes to rent for Universal Credit
Your housing costs change on Monday, 3rd April 2023.
Universal Credit claimants
You will need to update Universal Credit to ensure you are paid the correct housing element.
Universal Credit will send a ‘to-do’ titled ‘confirm your housing costs’.
You may receive this early but it is important to wait until Monday, 3 April before completing with your new housing costs.
Use your pale green rent information letter, or visit My Housing Tenancy for the breakdown of your housing costs.
Complete your Universal Credit 'to-do' as follows:
- Log in to your Universal Credit account
- Go to your 'to do list'
- Select the 'to-do' called ‘confirm your housing costs’
- Select ‘YES’ when asked if your rent and service charge changed
- Select ‘NO’ when asked if your housing costs changed on 1 April 2023
- Where it says 'when did your housing costs change?', put 03/04/2023
- Select ‘YES’ when asked if you are still charged monthly for your rent
- Type your monthly service charge. You will find this in Box ‘A’ in your pale green information letter
- Select ‘YES’ when asked if you are still charged monthly for your service charge
- Type your monthly service charge. You will find this in Box ‘B’ in your pale green information letter
If you have a telephone claim or cannot access your Universal Credit account, call Universal Credit on 0800 328 5644.