Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Updates on council services, health advice, and support available for residents and businesses.

Home contents insurance for your council home

We are not responsible for the loss or damage of your household contents or possessions. We advise you to think carefully about making a plan to insure your household contents against loss or damage. This includes carpets, curtains and furniture.

Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (RSA)

Who you choose to insure your contents is up to you. However, we work with RSA to provide insurance cover for our tenants where required. You may wish to consider this option if you do not currently have home contents insurance.

You can download RSA home contents policy for further information.

Cost of RSA insurance cover

You can apply for any amount of insurance cover, ranging from a weekly payment of 37p for a cover of £4,000 to a weekly payment of £2.80 for a cover of £30,000. You can find all these details in the application form. To decide the amount of cover, consider the value of the contents inside your home and the amount it will cost to replace them.

Apply for RSA contents insurance

To apply for RSA contents insurance, you need to download and complete the RSA home contents application form. Make sure you do not have any rent arrears before you apply for the insurance.

How to make a claim on your RSA insurance

To make a claim, email or call on 01793 464501.
Give feedback about this page

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?