Online applications

Due to a technical problem, you may not be able to upload files if they are needed to support an online application. We are attempting to fix this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Garden waste subscription

Manage, change or cancel your subscription

Adding a subscription

One annual subscription costing £50 entitles you to one 240-litre wheelie bin that has a green lid. Or, an annual supply of 100 green waste sacks. However, you are not limited to one subscription per household. You can have up to five bins, each for an additional subscription fee.

A new subscription made part way through the subscription period is charged on a pro-rata basis. This would need to be renewed in March just like your original full-year subscription.

Add a garden waste subscription

Moving house

If you are moving to another house in the borough and want to continue having garden waste collected, you can transfer your subscription to your new home. You would then take your garden waste wheelie bin or sacks with you when you move.

You can let us know you’re moving by completing a garden waste enquiry form, detailing your old and new addresses.

You should allow ten working days for the amendments to be made.

Move your garden waste subscription

Cancelling your subscription

You have the right to cancel your subscription within 14 days without incurring a cost. After this, your garden waste subscription can be cancelled, but you will not receive a refund.

For instance, you may move out of the borough part way through a subscription period. If so, you can cancel your collection, but you will not receive a partial refund for the collections that remain unused for the duration of the subscription period.

You can let us know you wish to cancel using the manage and renew your subscription form or the garden waste enquiry form.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.