Request a housing repair

If you are a council tenant and there is a problem in your property that is our responsibility to fix, you can request a repair.

However, you may be able to fix the problem yourself. It is often quicker and easier to do minor repairs than arrange an appointment and wait for one of our engineers to come to you. Examples of minor repairs that you can do yourself:

  • Treat mould-affected areas
  • Tighten door handles
  • Clear blocked sinks and basins
  • Reset thermostats, time clocks or trip switches
  • Fill small cracks and holes in a wall

How-to videos

You can watch the following videos to learn how to fix some of these issues.

You can also check the repairs and maintenance section in the tenant’s handbook to find out what repairs are your responsibility.

When you are decorating the inside of your home, always ensure that you are doing it correctly and safely. For ideas on some basic DIY tips to help you decorate your home in the correct and safe way, refer to decorating your home section in the tenant's handbook.

Make a booking

The way you request a repair depends on whether it's in your own council home or in a communal area of a council property.

If the fault is in your own council home:

You can request it through your 'My Housing Tenancy' online account. Requesting online means you can:

  • make your request at any time of day or night
  • see all the appointment dates and time slots available, and choose one that suits you
  • change your appointment later if you need to
  • do everything more quickly because you don't have to call us
  • have a clear record of what's been reported and when it will be resolved

Login to 'My Housing Tenancy' and request a repair

If you don't already have an online account, register for 'My Housing Tenancy' using your tenancy reference number. You can find this on your rent card or on letters from us.

A responsible adult who is over 18 years old must be at home to allow our inspector or tradesperson inside.

If the fault is in a communal area of a council property:

You can report it using online form below.

Request a repair for a communal area

Other ways to request a repair

If you cannot request your repair online, you can contact us in a different way.

Emergency repairs

For more information, visit our emergency housing repairs webpage.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page