Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We are publishing frequent updates about the impact the Coronavirus outbreak is having on council services, along with health guidance and other key information for residents and businesses.

Request an emergency housing repair

You can only request an emergency repair if the problem can cause a threat to your safety or security.

Problems classed as an emergency:

  • Dangerous flooring or stairs
  • Blocked chimney to an open fire
  • Electric spark
  • Bare wires
  • Severely damaged or dangerous roof
  • Total loss of water supply or electric power
  • Uncontrollable water leaks
  • Unusable taps in the ‘on’ position
  • Blocked toilet, if there is only one toilet in the property
  • Blocked drain, if backing up
  • Clogged soil vent pipe
  • Removal of brick debris or rubble, if a member of the household is elderly or ill
  • Lost access to your property
  • Unsecured property

For all other repairs, you should request a housing repair online.

To request an emergency repair, call 01793 445503. You can also call this number outside of normal working hours.


We do not charge for an emergency repair. However, if we come to your property and find that you are responsible for causing the problem, we will charge you for the repair and call-out.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.