Apply for a bus pass or travel vouchers | Concessionary bus pass and travel vouchers | Swindon Borough Council
Online applications

Due to a technical problem, you may not be able to upload files if they are needed to support an online application. We are attempting to fix this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Concessionary bus pass and travel vouchers

Apply for a bus pass or travel vouchers

Applying for a bus pass or travel vouchers depends on your age and disability requirements. Before you apply, check that you are eligible and make sure you have the supporting documents you need.

Apply for a bus pass or travel vouchers

You can also apply for a companion pass while making your application.

Who can apply

You must live in the borough of Swindon. You can check which council area you live in

You can apply if any one of the following applies to you.

You are:

  • a woman of state pension age
  • a man of the state pension age for women
  • blind or partially sighted
  • profoundly or severely deaf
  • unable to speak
  • unable to walk for the long term
  • unable to use both arms or do not have arms
  • severely disabled
  • suffering from a learning disability
  • not able to get a driving licence for medical reasons

For an age-related bus pass, you can apply 21 days before you reach the state pension age for women.

What you'll need

You need to scan and upload these documents to support your online application:

  • Passport style photograph
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of age
  • Proof of disability (if applicable)

Check the list of valid documents before you apply. We do not reimburse any costs involved in proving your eligibility.

Valid documents

Passport style photograph:

Proof of address:

  • This year’s Council Tax bill
  • Your driving licence
  • A recent utility bill in your name (for example, gas, electricity or landline telephone)

Proof of age:

  • Passport  
  • Birth certificate
  • Other official documentary evidence

Proof of disability:

  • Certificate of vision impairment
  • Blue Badge
  • Statement of Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
  • Statement of Personal Independence Payment (eight points or more moving around or communicating verbally)
  • Statement of War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
  • NHS certificate of epilepsy
  • Letter from DVLA stating that you are unable to drive

If you do not have any of these documents, you can download a disability evidence form. You will need to get it stamped by a social worker, carer or GP. You can then scan and upload the stamped document as proof of your disability.

Response time

We will send your pass or vouchers in the post within 15 working days of the date of your application.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.