Concessionary bus pass and travel vouchers

Companion pass

A companion bus pass is available for people who are severely disabled and need assistance to travel on public transport. You can use this pass only on local buses and Swindon Dial a Ride

You can get a companion pass if you are 80 years or above, or receive any one of the following benefits:

  • Disability Living Allowance for children (5 to 16 years) 
  • Disability Living Allowance – care component
  • Attendance Allowance

You need to upload a document that proves you receive one of these benefits to support your application.

If you do not receive any of these benefits, you can ask for approval for a companion pass from a social worker, carer or GP. You need to download a companion allowance application letter (PDF) and get it stamped by the social worker, carer or GP. You can then upload the stamped letter as evidence of your eligibility.

You may opt for a companion pass while applying for concessionary travel. If you are an existing pass holder, you may request to change your existing pass to a companion pass. 

You will need the 12-digit code on your pass to complete the form.

Change to companion pass

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page