Why foster with us?
Foster carers are needed in Swindon to provide a safe and loving home to local children in need.
There are around 300 children and young people in the council's care in Swindon. This number is predicted to increase in the coming years.
Our goal is to recruit a variety of foster carers, from all backgrounds, to provide a safe home, care and support for local children and young people who need it.
Local connection for children
Fostering with a local authority means supporting children to remain local, instead of potentially having to move out of the borough to receive the care they need.
Staying in Swindon helps children stay connected to their family and friends, and remain at their current school or college. This provides stability at an uncertain time in their lives, and enables them to thrive and be the best they can be.
Local connection for carers
If you choose to foster with Swindon, you will become part of our fostering community.
- a variety of support groups, including groups for children who foster
- comprehensive training
- a local network of closely connected foster carers
- a professional team who work with children so that they have the best access to services, care and support possible
- membership with the The Fostering Network
- membership with the Swindon Foster Care Association (SCFA)
- access to discounted days out and our caravan at the Hoburne Cotswold Holiday Park
- access to a Blue Light Card and other benefits
- a variety of events including coffee mornings, family fun days, award ceremonies and BBQs
We are a fostering friendly organisation, providing additional support to employees who foster in Swindon.
Contact the team to tell us you're interested. It's just a chat to start with.