Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Updates on council services, health advice, and support available for residents and businesses.

Dog warden service

The dog warden service deals with:

  • complaints related to the ownership of dogs
  • dog fouling issues
  • the welfare aspects of dog ownership
  • stray dogs
  • missing dogs
  • enforcement of legislation
  • dog ownership education
  • home checks
  • educational talks as requested 

For information on dog bins, please view the page in our Street Care and Cleaning section.

If you wish to report a lost or found dog, or for any other queries regarding the Dog Warden Service, please contact the Animal Warden Service on 01793 445501 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm) or 01793 466453 at all other times.

The Dog Warden Service is available Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm. However, more urgent requests may be dealt with outside these hours. 

If you are thinking of taking on a new animal, there are plenty looking for homes in reputable rescues. A list of local rescues can be found in the following table:

Re-homing centre Contact details
Blue Cross (Burford) 0300 777 1570
Dogs Trust (Salisbury) 01980 629634
RSPCA (Bath) 01225 787321
Rescue Remedies 
Cheltenham Animal Sanctuary 01242 523521
Forever Hounds Trust 03000 111 100
Evesham Lurcher Rescue 01386 853971 - after 5.00pm (Mon to Fri) or weekends. 0121 2584510 - 6.00pm - 10.00pm (Mon to Fri) or weekends.
Pro-dogs Direct

07766 021 465 or 01322 403 494 - calls are answered between 10.00am and 8.00pm 

Teckels Animal Shelter 01452 740300

For details of specific Breed Rescues –  call the Kennel Club on 0870 606 6750 or see the Kennel Club website.

If you are looking to buy a dog (or cat), further information and links can be found on the website.

If you have a dog or cat and would like help with neutering costs, email: as we sometimes have vouchers available to assist with part of the cost.

Give feedback about this page

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?