Report a dog fouling problem

Any person in charge of a dog must immediately remove faeces if the dog defecates at any time on public land. The faeces should be appropriately disposed of either at home, in a dog waste bin or any general litter bin.

Please note: urination is not classed as an offence.

Someone who is registered blind, is physically unable to do so or otherwise has a reasonable excuse, may be exempt from this requirement.

We investigate allegations of dog fouling offences. Video footage may be considered if it clearly shows faeces being deposited by the dog, that the person can be positively identified and the video continues afterwards for a period of 10 to 15 minutes to show the faeces is not subsequently picked up. Photographs cannot be accepted.

If you would like to report a problem with dog fouling in an area or if you know the details of someone you believe to be an offender, please use the online form below.

We can patrol the area affected and affix warning stickers as weather allows. Resources are limited so detailed information can assist us in identifying areas that are particularly affected.

It is important to note:

  • If you are making a complaint about an individual not picking up after their dog we do need their address to pursue the complaint. This may involve a warning letter being sent to them.
  • If the faeces has been picked up but the bag has not then been properly disposed of then this may be a littering offence and can be reported as a litter problem on public land
  • All complaints and queries regarding dog bins can be reported online
  • If your problem relates to excessive dog fouling in a person’s private garden you need to report rubbish on private land or contact the social housing landlord depending on the situation

For all other dog fouling complaints please use the form below. You will be asked to create a My Account before you can complete the form.

Report a dog fouling problem online

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page