Report a lost dog
If you wish to report a missing dog, provide as much information as possible. This will help us identify the dog and whether or not it is yours.
Include the following details:
- Contact information including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address
- A full description of your dog, for example, the name, breed, colour and any notable markings
- Whether the dog has been micro-chipped or is wearing a collar
- The date and time the dog went missing
- The location from which the dog was lost, or was last seen
Once you have reported your loss to us, we advise you to register with local vets in the area. You should also notify other neighbouring local authorities, especially if you live near a local authority boundary.
The Dog Lost website may provide further, helpful information.
Please note: The animal warden service operates Mondays to Fridays between 9.00am and 5.00pm. They will contact you as soon as possible during these hours if a dog fitting your description is found.