Request an adaptation to your council home

If you are facing difficulties in accessing facilities and managing day-to-day activities in your council home, we can assist you in making alterations. An adaptation can be something minor or major.

Minor adaptations

Minor adaptations are works that do not need any structural changes to the property. For example:

  • installing grab rails or banister rails
  • fitting lever taps
  • providing equipment such as a bath hoist, shower seat or half step

To request a minor adaptation, you need to call us on 01793 445503.

Major adaptations

Major adaptations are structural works that are specific to your needs or requirements. For example:

  • installing access ramps or stair lifts
  • widening doorways
  • lowering kitchen surfaces and cupboards
  • fitting a wet room

Further information can be found on the Local Offer website.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page