Tell us if we’ve missed a rubbish or recycling collection
Your household rubbish and recycling are collected by different vehicles. This means that the four different types of collection are carried out at different times of the day, and often on different days.
You can check your property's collection day using our collection day search tool.
All rubbish and recycling should be placed in clear view at the nearest possible point to the property boundary by 6.30am on your collection day.
If you think we have accidentally missed a collection, let us know after 2.30pm on the collection day. We will return to collect bins or boxes that:
- were put out on time and in the correct place
- contain the correct items
- are reported before 5pm on the working day after the collection day
You can also let us know if a public litter bin needs emptying.
If you put your rubbish or recycling out late, or it is too late to report a collection we missed, you can either:
- take your rubbish or recycling in and put it out again ahead of the next scheduled collection
- take it to the Household Waste & Recycling Centre