Order a wheelie bin or recycling box
Each household initially receives:
- one black wheelie bin or supply of blue bags
- two recycling boxes
You may also have:
- a garden waste bin or supply of green bags (if you subscribe to our garden waste collection service)
- food waste caddies (if you receive food waste collections)
You can use the website to order:
- the following replacement containers if yours has been lost, stolen or damaged:
- wheelie bin
- recycling box (charges apply)
- garden waste bin
- food waste caddy
- additional recycling boxes (charges apply)
- a full set of containers for newly built properties (first occupiers only)
You can order replacement containers (as listed above) if yours has been lost, stolen or damaged.
If you are requesting a food waste container, please check if you receive food waste collections before completing the form.
Waste and recycling crews also use their in-cab system to immediately report and re-order any containers they lose or damage during collections.
New or additional containers
You can order additional recycling boxes and/or lids for a charge. See charges below.
If you are the first occupier of a new build property where there is no bin or recycling box, you should request a new supply of waste containers.
If you feel the standard size wheelie bin or number of blue bags is inadequate for your household, you can request additional capacity via a waste warden assessment.
We provide replacement wheelie bins free of charge.
We charge the following prices for replacement and additional recycling boxes. A concessionary rate is available if you receive Council Tax Support at a rate of 80% or higher.
- 44 litre recycling box with lid - £7.00 / £5.60 at concessionary rate
- 44 litre recycling box without lid - £5.00 / £4.00 at concessionary rate
- Lid only - £2.00 / £1.60 at concessionary rate
Collection and delivery
We aim to deliver your new or replacement container(s) within ten working days.
If you have requested replacement of a damaged wheelie bin for rubbish or garden waste, please leave your damaged wheelie bin as close to your property boundary as possible ensuring it is visible and accessible for removal.
We will not leave a replacement wheelie bin if the bin to be replaced is not available for collection.
Terms and conditions for ordering recycling boxes
Swindon Borough Council (“Council”) operates a chargeable replacement service for recycling boxes for households across the borough. These Council Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) are the ones we intend to rely on for this service.
- Replacement boxes are chargeable at the prices displayed higher up on this webpage. All prices are subject to change and are reviewed annually. Concessionary rates will be applied to box and lid charges for people who receive Council Tax Support by at least 80%. The concessionary rates are also displayed on this webpage.
- If you are eligible for a concessionary rate, you understand that all information supplied in the form will be checked.
- You understand that if you are not entitled to any discount, the full cost will be charged.
- You understand that no purchase will be completed until the additional amount has been paid if you are not eligible for a concessionary rate.
- Accepted methods of online payment are debit or credit card. The exception to the charges is where the crew have damaged a box or lid during the coure of their collections. Where this occurs, the crew will order a replacement to be delivered and will leave the damaged container at the property.
- All containers remain the property of Swindon Borough Council. If you move to another property within the borough, you should leave the standard provision of one black wheelie bin and two recycling boxes at the property you are vacating.
- For health and safety reasons, you cannot use an alternative container to present recyclable materials for collection.