Order a wheelie bin or recycling box
Each household initially receives:
- one black wheelie bin or a supply of blue bags
- two recycling boxes
You can order a replacement wheelie bin or recycling box if yours is lost, stolen or damaged.
You can also order additional recycling boxes. You can order:
- a box with a lid
- just a box
- just a lid (fits a black recycling box, not an orange one)
If you are the first occupier of a new build property where there is no bin or recycling box, you should request a new supply of waste containers. You can do this through the form on this page.
For garden waste, you are entitled to as many wheelie bins or supplies of green bags as you have subscribed for. You can do this through our garden waste collection service.
If your garden waste wheelie bin has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement through the form on this page.
For questions regarding food waste, see the food waste collections webpage.
We provide replacement wheelie bins free of charge.
We charge the following prices for replacement and additional recycling boxes. A concessionary rate is available if you receive Council Tax Support at a rate of 80% or higher.
- 44 litre recycling box with lid - £7.00 / £5.60 at concessionary rate
- 44 litre recycling box without lid - £5.00 / £4.00 at concessionary rate
- Lid only - £2.00 / £1.60 at concessionary rate
We will deliver a replacement wheelie bin within ten working days. If we are able to repair a damaged bin when we visit, we will do so.
We deliver within ten working days after you've made your order.
Terms and conditions for ordering recycling boxes
Swindon Borough Council (“Council”) operates a chargeable replacement service for recycling boxes for households across the borough. These Council Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) are the ones we intend to rely on for this service.
- These terms and conditions are valid for twelve months, commencing 1 August 2021 and expiring 31 July 2022.
- Replacement boxes are chargeable at the prices displayed higher up on this webpage. All prices are subject to change and are reviewed annually. Concessionary rates will be applied to box and lid charges for people who receive Council Tax Support by at least 80%. The concessionary rates are also displayed on this webpage.
- If you are eligible for a concessionary rate, you understand that all information supplied in the form will be checked.
- You understand that if you are not entitled to any discount, the full cost will be charged.
- You understand that no purchase will be completed until the additional amount has been paid if you are not eligible for a concessionary rate.
- Accepted methods of online payment are debit or credit card. We will take payment at time of ordering and recycling boxes can be provided immediately. We prefer a cashless payment.
- The exception to the charges is where the crew has recorded on the In Cab system that they have damaged a box or lid.
- If you move to another property within the borough, you should leave two recycling boxes at the property you are vacating.
- For health and safety reasons, you cannot use an alternative container to present recyclable materials for collection.
- The service is to be used for domestic recycling, which has been accumulated from the customer's address only.
- Recycling must be presented outside your property boundary by 6.30am on the day of collection. All recycling boxes must be clearly visible from the road without obstruction.
- An assisted collection is available for customers who are physically unable to manage their recycling box. If this service is already in place for your refuse it will automatically arranged for your recycling.
- If you experience a missed collection for this service, report it to us by the end of the next working day. This is so we are able to resolve any collection issues. We will not return outside of the specified collection day for any missed collections reported to us after the time frame. In this event, we will empty recycling boxes on the next scheduled collection