Book a visit to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
The way you use the HWRC has changed.
The HWRC is now partially open for essential, pre-booked visits only. This is to ensure we maintain the safety of residents, staff and other site users.
This approach will also limit the number of vehicles queuing on surrounding roads and minimise disruption to local businesses. We also do not wish to disrupt our waste collections, which operate from the same site.
- The site is open for pre-booked, essential visits.
- Visitors can book a time slot Monday to Friday between 10.00am and 4.00pm. New slots are released every weekday.
- Bookings are temporarily limited to two per household per calendar month.
- The HWRC will remain closed to trade customers and will not be accepting vans over 3.5 tonnes, trailers, hire vehicles or vehicles with tail lifts until further notice.
There are a number of new requirements for anyone wanting to visit the HWRC. Please read the information on these pages carefully to avoid being turned away from the HWRC and wasting your journey.
The pages will tell you:
- What you need to know before you book, including how the booking system works and what to expect when you get here
- How to get to the HWRC and what you can bring
- Answers to general questions you may have about the new system