Book a visit to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Before you book
Please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- You must live in the borough of Swindon.
- Your waste is from a household and you are not a trade customer.
- You can definitely attend on the date and time of the booking. If you decide you cannot attend, you should amend or cancel your booking.
- In line with government guidance, you are not:
- extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- in a 14-day household isolation
What you need to do before you arrive:
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your allocated booking time. Do not aim to arrive earlier than 30 minutes before your allocated booking time. Staff will be checking you are arriving during your allocated time slot. You must arrive early to clear check-in before your allotted booking time starts. If you miss your allocated booking time you will not be permitted entry and will need to re-book.
- You must only bring waste that cannot be safely stored at home. Please double bag any non-recyclable waste.
- You are allowed a maximum of two people per vehicle. If possible, please avoid bringing children with you.
- Wash your hands before you leave home.
What will happen when you arrive at the site:
You will be directed to a queuing area to wait for your turn to tip your waste.
Our staff will instruct you when and where to go. Please follow their directions at all times.
There will be no assistance to help you unload your vehicle. If you had help loading your vehicle, bring someone with you to help you unload.
You will need to observe social distancing rules by:
- remaining in your vehicle at all times unless unloading. Windows should be kept closed while queuing.
- staying at least two metres away from other users and staff at all times.
Please treat our staff with respect. Aggressive or abusive language or behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave the site.
We will clean the site at regular intervals to ensure the safety of residents and staff.
Booking a visit
The HWRC is open 8.00am to 4.30pm everyday except Wednesdays, including weekends, for residents who live in the borough of Swindon only.
- Not sure you live in the borough of Swindon? Check which council area you live in
All visits must be pre-booked. You will be turned away if you arrive without having made a booking.
You will be given a choice of available time slots during the booking. Select the one you want and complete your details. You will need to provide your vehicle registration and home address.
Once you've completed your booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing important information about your booking and visit. Please read this carefully.
Amending or cancelling a booking
You can amend or cancel your booking to visit the HWRC online.
If you still want to visit, but at a different time, you can amend your booking.
If you no longer wish to visit, you should cancel your booking. This will mean your appointment slot is not wasted and can be used by someone else.