Book a visit to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Before you book
You need to meet the following requirements:
- You must live in the borough of Swindon.
- Your waste is from a household and you are not a trade customer.
- You can definitely attend on the date and time of the booking. If you decide you cannot attend, you should amend or cancel your booking.
- In line with government guidance, you are not:
- extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- in a 10-day household isolation
- Plan to arrive five to ten minutes before your allocated booking time. Do not aim to arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your allocated booking time. Staff will be checking you are arriving during your allocated time slot. You must arrive early to clear check-in before your allotted booking time starts. If you miss your allocated booking time you will not be permitted entry and will need to re-book.
- Please double bag any non-recyclable waste.
- You are allowed a maximum of two people per vehicle. If possible, please avoid bringing children with you.
- Wash your hands before you leave home.
- Read what you need to know about your visit (below)
What you need to know about your visit
When you arrive:
- If you're in a car (without a trailer), you should enter the site using any lane other than the far left lane.
- If you're in a van, or a car with a trailer, you should use the far left lane.
- Our staff will instruct you where to go, and let you know when it's your turn to tip your waste.
When you're on the site:
- For waste types other than white goods, you will go up the ramp and tip your waste using the appropriate bay. You will follow the one-way system and come down the ramp into an exit lane, which you will use to leave the site.
- If you have white goods and other waste types, you will first go up the ramp and tip your waste using the appropriate bay. After following the one-way system, you will come down the ramp and dispose of your white goods at the bottom of the ramp. You'll then continue on to the exit lane and leave the site.
- If you have white goods only, you won't use the ramp at all. Instead, you will turn your vehicle at the bottom of the ramp, drop your white goods, and exit using the exit lane. Our staff will advise you when to do this.
Other key points:
- Please follow staff directions at all times.
- There will be no assistance to help you unload your vehicle. If you had help loading your vehicle, bring someone with you to help you unload.
- You will need to observe social distancing rules by:
- remaining in your vehicle at all times unless unloading. You should keep your windows closed while queuing.
- staying at least two metres away from other users and staff at all times.
- We will clean the site at regular intervals to ensure the safety of residents and staff.
- Please treat our staff with respect. Aggressive or abusive language or behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave the site.
Booking a visit
The HWRC is open everyday except Wednesdays, including weekends, for residents who live in the borough of Swindon only.
Not sure you live in the borough of Swindon? Check which council area you live in
Opening times are:
- 8.00am to 4.30pm Friday to Monday
- 8.00am to 8.00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays until 28 October 2021
All visits must be pre-booked. You will be turned away if you arrive without having made a booking.
You will be given a choice of available time slots during the booking. Select the one you want and complete your details. You will need to provide your home address.
Once you've completed your booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing important information about your booking and visit. Please read this carefully.
Amending or cancelling a booking
You can amend or cancel your booking to visit the HWRC online.
If you still want to visit, but at a different time, you can amend your booking.
If you no longer wish to visit, you should cancel your booking. This will mean your appointment slot is not wasted and can be used by someone else.