Apply for funding to refresh your neighbourhood
RE:FRESH is a £60,000 improvement fund made available by Swindon Borough Council Housing Department with the aim of making your neighbourhoods safer, cleaner and tidier.
Who can apply?
Applications should come from and be for a group of residents which must include council tenants. Applications can also include or be submitted by homeowners, leaseholders and private rent tenants.
Applications should be for improvements that will benefit as many residents as possible.
- Planting shrubs, creating communal gardens or improving the landscape in your area.
- Encouraging people to ‘grow their own’ and recreate wildlife habitats.
- Improving community safety and security by erecting fencing or installing lighting in murky areas.
- Creating a ‘No Dogs’ zone or small park for local children.
- Improving access to all in drying areas or gardens and pathways
- Replacing graffiti with a walled garden
What you'll need
You will need to:
- provide details about the cost of your project.
- collect signatures from your neighbours or community in support of your project. For example, if you want to create a communal garden in a block of flats, you need to get the support from majority of residents in the block.
- demonstrate how the project will be maintained once any work has been completed. We will ask you to sign a document agreeing to this.
How to apply
Use the following form to apply for a RE:FRESH improvement fund:
Alternatively, you can contact us to request an application pack which will be posted to you.
Tel: 01793 464784