Apply for funding to refresh your neighbourhood
Re:fresh is a local scheme through which you can request funds to improve your neighbourhood. We have an annual budget of £60,000 for this scheme.
The improvements you are planning should benefit the community. You can request funds to:
- create communal garden, landscape or play area
- improve community safety and security by fencing or installing lights in dark areas
- make gardens and pathways accessible for everyone
- replace graffiti with a walled garden
- plant shrubs
- decorate a communal area
- install garden benches, raised beds or pergolas
Who can apply
A homeowner, leaseholder or private tenant can apply for the funding on behalf of a group of residents, which must include council tenants.
What you'll need
You will need to:
- provide details about the cost of your project.
- collect signatures from your neighbours or community in support of your project. For example, if you want to create a communal garden in a block of flats, you need to get the support from majority of residents in the block.
- demonstrate how you plan to maintain the project after the work is complete. We will ask you to sign a document agreeing to this.
Apply for funding
Use RE:FRESH application form to apply for funds.
We will review your application within five weeks. We will make a decision based on your requirements and our budget.