Apply for funding to refresh your neighbourhood
Re:fresh is a local scheme through which you can request funds to improve your neighbourhood. We have an annual budget of £60,000 for this scheme.
The improvements you are planning should benefit the community. You can request funds to:
- create communal garden, landscape or play area
- improve community safety and security by fencing or installing lights in dark areas
- make gardens and pathways accessible for everyone
- replace graffiti with a walled garden
- plant shrubs
- decorate a communal area
- install garden benches, raised beds or pergolas
Who can apply
A homeowner, leaseholder or private tenant can apply for the funding on behalf of a group of residents, which must include council tenants.
What you'll need
You will need to:
- provide details about the cost of your project.
- collect signatures from your neighbours or community in support of your project. For example, if you want to create a communal garden in a block of flats, you need to get the support from majority of residents in the block.
- demonstrate how you plan to maintain the project after the work is complete. We will ask you to sign a document agreeing to this.
Apply for funding
If you would like to apply for funding for your community project, please email: email@example.com with an outline of your plan and the amount of funds you require. We will then contact you to discuss your ideas further.
We will review your application within five weeks. We will make a decision based on your requirements and our budget.