Emergency out-of-hours housing repairs
It is sometimes necessary to make an emergency repair to a council-owned property for reasons of safety or security. This may be outside of normal working hours.
Repairs classed as an emergency
- Unsecured properties
- Gaining access
- Dangerous flooring or stairs
- Total loss of water supply
- Uncontrollable water leaks
- Unusable taps in the ‘on’ position
- Blocked toilets or soil and vent pipes (if it's the only one in the property)
- Blocked drains (if backing up)
- Missing inspection chamber covers
- Severely damaged or dangerous roofs
- Electrics sparking or smoking, or bare wires
- Total loss of electric power
- Blocked chimney to open fire
- Removal of brick debris or rubble - generally, this is not considered as an emergency. But if a member of the household is elderly or ill and may be at risk, then please contact the emergency number below.
How to request an emergency repairPlease call 01793 695851 (Contact Customer Services on 01793 445503 during normal office hours)
The operator will need to ask some questions about the problem. Please wait for him or her to finish this so they can arrange the correct assistance.
If we attend to make a repair and it's found that you are responsible for causing the problem, then you will be charged for the repair and the call-out. Otherwise, there won't be any charge.