How to apply for Housing Benefit, Local Housing Allowance and Council Tax Support
If you live in a council or housing association room or property:
- you could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income
- Housing Benefit can pay for part or all of your rent. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances.
- you can apply for Housing Benefit whether you’re unemployed or working
Local Housing Allowance
Housing Benefit if you live in a private rented room or property:
- Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is used to work out how much Housing Benefit you will receive
- LHA affects tenants who already receive Housing Benefit moving to accommodation owned by a private landlord
Council Tax Support
Council Tax Support is help towards your Council Tax bill. If you are the person who is liable for the Council Tax bill and you are living on a low income, you can apply for Council Tax Support.
Do you need help to apply for any of the above?
For more information on the assistance available to you see: Get help to make a benefit claim.
Sending the Benefits Team your documents
You are able to send queries to the Benefits Team, and upload documents, using the online form below: