Book a visit to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
The HWRC is open for pre-booked visits. This is to ensure we maintain the safety of residents, staff and other site users.
This approach limits the number of vehicles queuing on surrounding roads and minimises disruption to local businesses. We also do not wish to disrupt our waste collections, which operate from the same site.
- The HWRC is open every day except Wednesdays
- The first slot you can book is at 8.00am to 8.20am
- The final slot you can book is at 4.00pm to 4.20pm
- The HWRC no longer accepts commercial or trade customers, vehicles over 3.5 tonnes or vehicles with tail lifts. For commercial waste disposal, email email@example.com.
There are a number of requirements for anyone wanting to visit the HWRC. Please read the information on these pages carefully to avoid being turned away from the HWRC and wasting your journey.
The pages will tell you:
- what you need to know before you book, including how the booking system works and what to expect when you get to the HWRC
- how to get to the HWRC and what you can bring
- answers to general questions you may have about the new system
A video showing the new check-in system at the HWRC, is available to view below: