Moving into Swindon borough

If your child or young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) with another local authority, we understand when moving, finding a suitable educational setting is important.

In order to ensure you are not asked for information multiple times, we have designed a ‘mover-in’ form for you to provide us with all the information we require.

You can download and complete the form below, returning it to the SEND Service by email at: or by post to:

SEND Service
4th Floor, Wat Tyler West
Beckhampton Street
SN1 2JG.

Once received, your form will be triaged and you should hear from us within 96 hours.

How we use your information

The information you provide can help us inform services in the local area who may need to be involved with the child or young person and allocate you an EHCP coordinator to help you with the process.

If your child or young person already has an EHCP, an EHCP Coordinator is allocated based upon the closest school to your new home address. This may, or may not, be the school you wish your child or young person to attend, but at this stage it is primarily focused on the location.

If your child or young person is currently under assessment for an EHCP, they will be allocated an EHCP Coordinator from the assessment hub. If the result of the assessment is that a final EHCP is issued, this coordinator will change.

School placements

If you are new to Swindon, you can find information on both the mainstream and specialist provisions which are available in the area by following the links below:


You may wish to look at applying for SEND travel assistance if your child or young person currently uses this service.

Useful services and resources

  • Swindon SEND Families Voice enables parents and carers of disabled children or young adults to influence change and shape the service affecting them
  • Swindon SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SIAS) provides information advice and support about education, health and social care for children and young people from 0 to 25 with special educational needs and disabilities, as well as their parents and carers
  • Swindon Carer’s Centre is a charitable organisation which is part of the Carers Trust Network, established to provide support to the 21,000 unpaid carers in Swindon
  • Short breaks provides opportunities for children and young people with disabilities to enjoy a range of social and leisure activities outside of school hours

Further information

If you have any questions relating to the mover-in process for children and young people with an EHCP, or who are currently under statutory assessment for an EHCP, contact the SEND Service by email at: or call 01793 464641.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page