Family carers parking permits

Family carers parking permits are for residents in a resident parking zone who rely on a regular visitor. For example, a carer.

They can apply for a permit so their visitor can use a resident parking bay. 

Each permit can be used for different vehicles, but only for one vehicle at a time.

These parking permits are digital. You don't need to display anything in your vehicle and your permit will be active straight after your application has been approved and paid for.

You can apply for and manage your permits online.

How to register

To register for your permit, you will need your Council Tax account number for verification. You will also need to supply your postcode and house number to be able to select your property from the search field.

You wil be asked to provide a letter from a doctor confirming the need for this type of permit. People who are 80 years old or over can provide evidence of their date of birth instead of a letter from a doctor. This could be a birth certificate or passport.

The registration process will ask for these details to create an account, and a PIN will be sent to you by email or SMS so you can login to your newly created account.

You will also need to provide credit or debit card details to complete your purchase. 

If you experience difficulties with registering, please contact MiPermit on 0345 520 7007.

If you cannot have a digital permit, contact customer services or email

Register for a family carers parking permit

Using and managing your permit

To manage or make changes to your permit: 

  • login to the MiPermit portal with your PIN
  • select 'Manage permits' from the menu
  • edit, cancel and renew your permit as required


This permit costs £44 per year.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page