Report an illegal works

If you are concerned or know about work being carried out, without a valid building control application being submitted to the Council, let us know. We will investigate to see if an application is required and will discuss this with the appropriate person responsible for the work. 

A letter will be sent inviting the owners to contact us to discuss the work and a visit will be carried out. 

We prefer to obtain a valid application and negotiate with the person responsible rather than take enforcement action. However, we can take action if necessary. 

If you would like to report an illegal works, you can contact the Building Control Team by using the online form below. You will be asked to create a My Account before you can complete the form.

Report an illegal works online

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page