Building control information for builders and agents
The SBC Building Control Service makes your job as a builder or agent straightforward. Whether you are doing a domestic extension or a large infrastructure project, they provide a flexible and knowledgeable service from start to finish. The Building Control Service is here to provide guidance and support to achieve quality design and construction in buildings, in accordance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
Become a building regulations partner
You can sign-up to become a building regulations partner. You can choose to work with a dedicated building control surveyor who is able to support your work. The numerous benefits include:
- A single point of contact for all your building control work
- Competitive pricing
- Site inspections from a local professional team with invaluable local contacts and knowledge
- Simplified fees and invoicing arrangements
- Electronic submissions and e-working
- Easy access to the planning department, the highways engineers and local fire service
- In-depth expertise on structure, fire, acoustics, warranties, access, contamination, energy and sustainability.
Visit our webpage and apply to become a local authority building regulations partner
Why choose us for your building control projects?
See below for a list of our competences:
- Our Building Control Surveyors are highly experienced and have extensive knowledge. The team staff collectively has over 120 years of experience to draw upon, and all have an HNC in construction or higher qualification. Experience includes work on domestic extensions, large commercial office developments and infrastructure projects.
- Our team has specialized knowledge about fire risk assessment, access audits, safety and sports grounds, disability access, structural expertise, on-site maintenance and means of access and escape. All have a comprehensive understanding of the Building Act 1984, The Building Regulations 2010, CDM and Health and Safety.
- Same day inspections can be provided, and we can also check your plans
- Our service makes it easy to apply, and we provide fast access to advice and guidance. Time and money is saved by working closely with all involved – at every stage.
- Our team of experts provide a proactive service that can find solutions to Building Regulations problems
- Builders can be put on a trusted suppliers list that residents can use to find builders. Many of the businesses we work with are currently fully booked for months ahead
- The Council is often cheaper, offering a cost-effective and client friendly alternative to Private Approved Inspectors. Depending on the AI, savings are usually in the range of being 10-20% cheaper.
- The service is independent, and will guarantee a fair process and progress through the build.
- Our team has experience of large projects such as the Outlet, GWH, BMW, new schools, medical centres and sports and leisure facilities.
- A final certificate is issued promptly upon completion of the building works.