Apply to become a local authority building regulations partner
Swindon Borough Council is a member of the LABC (Local Authority Building Control) which is the organisation representing Building Control departments in all local authorities in England and Wales. It offers a wide range of services including the following:
- LABC website - Building Control
- LABC website - Consultancy
- LABC website - Registered Details
- LABC website - Training
Local authority partnering initiative
In order to enhance the services we provide for our clients we have adopted the Local Authority Partnering Initiative. This initiative encourages clients such as Architects, Contractors and Developers to partner with the Building Control Department of their choice. Building Regulation applications are then assessed for compliance by the partnering authority, wherever in the country the work may be. This develops an excellent working relationship providing familiarity and expertise where needed, to process the applications more efficiently.
How to apply
You will need to contact the Building Control Team about becoming a partner before making your application. Once you have done this, please apply online using the following form:
Benefits of partnering
Partnering helps those companies who operate in multiple locations and deal with many Local Authorities.
- Partnering enables a company or adviser to have a one to one working relationship with a preferred Local Authority for advice and plan appraisal.
- Site inspections are carried out by the Local Authority where each project is carried out.
- The LABC has over 2,500 successful partnership agreements throughout the country.
Professionals working in regional or national companies also desire a business relationship with the following benefits:
- The convenience of a single building control Partner Authority managing the process in local authorities around the country.
- Consistent advice and a coherent approach to best practice.
- Competitive pricing.
- Expert knowledge from people who have practical experience in innovative design.
- A multi-disciplined approach co-ordinating specialists from Fire, Police, Highways, Environmental Health and Planning.
- The benefit of detailed local knowledge and local circumstances to provide solutions on 'difficult' or complex sites.
- A fast turnaround on plan checking, inspection and completion certification.
- Straightforward seamless administration and billing systems that can be adapted to client project management requirements.
- Advise on existing or future energy, environmental and quality standards.