Help and advice for owner occupiers

If you would like to contact an Environmental Health Officer (EHO) for advice on the condition or disrepair of your owned home, which is impacting on your ability to live safely, please complete the online form below.

The Council are unable to offer general grants to improve housing conditions for owner occupiers and we are unable to practically assist owner-occupiers, but we do have a lot of experience in housing conditions and disrepair such as pest infestation, failed heating systems or flooding, and can advise you once we know what the issue is. We may also be able to signpost you to other agencies or organisations that can offer more practical help once we know a little more about your situation.

If you have the means to carry out repairs in your home, but are struggling to find good tradesmen, the Council also operates a Buy With Confidence Scheme where you can find a list of tradesmen who have been audited and approved by Trading Standards for their business practices.

Please give us as much detail as possible in the form and upload any photographs of the problem so that we can advise you more quickly and more accurately. You will initially be asked to create a My Account. 

Private Housing online complaint form

If you do not have facilities to scan and upload the required documents, you can call into Customer Services, Beckhampton Street, Swindon SN1 2JG, and someone will assist you.

Once you have submitted the required documents and completed the form, an Environmental Health Officer will be in touch to discuss your case, usually within 10 working days.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page