Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Updates on council services, health advice, and support available for residents and businesses.

Houses in multiple occupation

Changes to an HMO

You will need a new HMO licence if you plan to make significant changes to the property. You cannot make amendments to an existing licence. You will need to apply for a new licence if you plan to change:

  • the layout or structure
  • the number of occupants
  • the number of shared amenities
  • the use of any room (for example, turning a bathroom into a kitchen)
  • the person in control of the HMO
  • the manager of the HMO
Give feedback about this page

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?