Local flood risk management strategy

As a lead local flood authority (LLFA) for the borough of Swindon, we coordinate the local flood risk management strategy. This is a formal strategy document that provides thorough detail on our work on flooding. We also work with local partners to manage local flooding. 

We have a responsibility to:

  • develop, apply and monitor a local flood risk management strategy in Swindon
  • manage flood risk by planning for emergencies and maintaining highways drainage
  • investigate incidents of significant flooding
  • maintain a register of structures or features that may have significant effect on flood risk
  • issue consents for works on ordinary watercourses
  • make sure that any new developments put in place adequate measures to mitigate flood risk

You can view or download our local flood risk management strategy. You can also check our community area action plan and strategy improvement measures.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve swindon.gov.uk

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.