Making CIL appeals
CIL appeals are subject to their own appeals procedures under the CIL Regulations 2010 (as amended). There is a right of appeal on the following CIL matters:
- Chargeable Amount Appeal (Reg. 114)
- Apportionment of Liability Appeal (Reg. 115)
- Charitable Relief Appeal (Reg. 116)
- Exemption for Residential Annexes Extensions Appeal (Reg. 116A)
- Exemption for self-build housing Appeal (Reg. 116B)
- Surcharges Appeal (Reg. 117)
- Deemed Commencement Appeal (Reg. 118)
- CIL Stop Notice (Reg. 119)
Appeals under Regulations 114, 115, 116, 116A and 116B are administered by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA). Information on how these appeals are administered and how to make an appeal under one of these regulations is located on the Gov.uk - Making a CIL Appeal website.
Appeals under Regulations 117, 118 and 119 are administered by the Planning Inspectorate. Information on how these appeals are administered and how to make an appeal under these regulations is located on the Gov.uk - Appeal a CIL Enforcment Notice website.