Primary school places and admissions
Before making your application
Before you make your application for a primary school place for September 2019 please check the following information:
- Applications should be made to your home local authority. If you do not live in Swindon you should apply to the local authority for the area where you live.
- All parents need to make an application for a place at a Primary or Infant School – even if your child already attends a nursery or you already have another child at the school you need to make an application.
- If your child currently attends an Infant School and is in Year 2 and you want them to transfer to a Junior School you need to make an application. Children do not automatically qualify for a place if they attend the related infant school. An application must be completed.
- You can apply for places in three named schools (three preferences). These can be within, or outside, the Borough of Swindon. The Admissions Team encourages parents to use all three preferences to ensure they maximise their chances of being allocated one of their preferred schools.
- The offer of a preferred school place is dependent on the number of applications received and the number of places available. Priority for places will be determined by the individual school’s admission criteria.
Primary Admission Guide
You should read the Primary Admission Guide before you proceed to make your application. This document contains important information about how your application will be considered: