Parent governor representatives
A parent governor representative is a governor who is a parent that has been elected by other parent governors and has been appointed to a local authority committee dealing with education.Parent governor representatives:
- Vote on all matters to do with schools and pupils.
- Do not represent the interest of any particular group, school, locality or any party political interest.
- Aim to keep parents informed of what issues the authority is discussing and what decisions they are planning or have made.
Children and Young People’s Overview & Scrutiny CommitteeThe Children's Health, Social Care and Education Overview and Scrutiny Committee is responsible for reviewing any matter that impacts on children and young people in Swindon.
Its responsibilities include:
- Reviewing, scrutinising and developing policy recommendations;
- Monitoring performance and progress against corporate priorities;
- Scrutinising the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services;
- Scrutinising the Children & Young People Block of the Local Area Agreement.
- The Youth Service;
- Education and training outside of the school environment;
- Social services for children and young people;
- Any other topic that affects children and young people such as leisure facilities or transport.
The committee comprises 11 elected members and several co-opted parent governor, education and church representatives.
Tel: 01793 463876
Please note: The Parent Governor Representatives are unable to deal with individual parental concerns. For issues related to individual schools, rather than education policy, parents should contact the Headteacher.