Adult community learning
Who is eligible for free courses
The following eligibility is set by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) who fund our courses. Swindon residents who meet the following criteria are entitled to our courses free of charge if they are:
- Unemployed and in receipt of a benefit, job seeking or working and earning below £16,009 annual gross salary
- Have lived in the UK or an EU country continuously for the last three years on the first day of their intended course
Learners who haven’t lived in the UK or EU for the required three years are eligible if they meet the criteria above and have one of the following:
- Refugee status
- Humanitarian Protection
- Indefinite Leave to enter/remain
- Discretionary Leave to enter/remain
- Leave to enter to accompany a spouse.
We are required to see evidence of residency in the form of visas and relevant home office documents, this is to ensure we meet our funding requirements.