Apply for a hackney carriage or private hire licence
Hackney carriage driver badge renewal
To renew your Hackney Carriage Driver Badge you will need the following:
- A special reference number, located in your renewal letter
- A scanned proof from the DBS update service
- One passport photograph
- A copy of your DVLA drivers licence
- A scanned copy of a medical certificate (if required)
- A scanned copy of your DVLA mandate (if required)
- The application fee paid at submission (£70 for 1 year* or £210 for 3 years)
You may have been asked to fill out a new DBS application, and sign up for the update service as part of your renewal/licence requirement. We cannot issue you with your updated licence until this has been completed.
*If any documents required to fulfil your renewal application are missing at the point of submission, this will have an impact on the speed at which your application is processed.
- 1 year licence renewal. Under special circumstances, you can request the application of a 1 year licence, to do so you must cdemonstrate financial detriment, and contact the Licensing Manager detailing the circumstances relating to your request.
- Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) application - £55.50
If you need any further information, contact us by email at: Licensing@Swindon.gov.uk