Report concerns about someone else's home

If you are seriously concerned about the condition or use of a house which is not your own home, please report it using the online form below.

These may include:

  • concerns about inappropriate living conditions
  • concerns that a house is being used as a shared home (HMO) without the appropriate protections in place for the occupiers
  • concerns that a house is a risk to members of the public because it is open to trespass, seriously dilapidated, or the subject of squatting, or significant vandalism

The Council can only intervene if there are significant risks to occupiers or members of the public and this often takes some time to action. However, we will always consider what you report and, if you provide us with a telephone number or email address, we will get back to you to let you know how we will deal with the report, even if this means signposting you to a more suitable agency.

We will usually get back to you within 10 working days.

Please complete the form in as much detail as possible and provide photographs if you have them. This will enable us to advise you more quickly. You will initially be asked to create a My Account. 

Private housing online complaint form

If you do not have facilities to scan or upload the required documents or photographs, you can call into Customer Services, Beckhampton Street, Swindon SN1 2JG, and someone will assist you.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.