Help and advice for housing association tenants

The Council will not get involved in general complaints about outstanding repairs or poor service from your Housing Association. However, if you have significant problems in your Housing Association home that are a serious hazard to your health or wellbeing, and you have received no help through the Housing Association internal complaints process, the Council may be able to compel them to do essential repairs.

If you have the following documents and are ready to proceed, please complete the online form below.  (You will need to upload the documents and create a My Account before you can submit the form). 

We will need:

  • copies of your letters to your Housing Association detailing what you feel needs to be done 
  • copies of their formal written responses to you on the matter
  • the letter which shows clearly that you have exhausted all stages of their complaints process  
  • a copy of your tenancy agreement

Private Housing online complaint form

If you do not have facilities to scan and upload the required documents, you can call into Customer Services, Beckhampton Street, Swindon, SN1 2JG, and someone will assist you. 

Once you have submitted the required documents and completed the form, an Environmental Health Officer will be in touch to discuss your case, usually within 10 working days.

Further information

The following websites give good practical advice for Housing Association tenants. 

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page