The Council's telephone system is currently unavailable

We are currently experiencing some technical issues with our telephone system and apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Dealing with disputes about high hedges

A high hedge is defined as ‘any two evergreen or semi-evergreen trees or shrubs growing next to each other, which are taller than two metres’. The Council may intervene after all other options (such as mediation) have been exhausted. A fee of £375.00 must be paid in advance, before we can consider your complaint.

An information pack providing details of what the Council can and can't do in the circumstances, is available to download below:

If you believe that all other avenues to resolve the problem have been exhausted, please report the problem to us. You will be asked to create a My Account before you can access the online form below:

Report a high hedge online

We aim to respond initially to your complaints and requests within two working days although, depending on the nature and circumstances of the particular issue, full resolution may take significantly longer.

Last updated: 26 September 2017. Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.