Can't do it online?

Contacting us

Impact of coronavirus

Customer Services reception on Princes Street is closed until further notice.

Our telephone contact centre is open. However, we have significantly higher levels of demand than normal. This means call waiting times will be very high.

On the website

Contacting us through an online form on the website means you'll be giving us all the information we need to help you straightaway. We can also keep track of your contact with us more easily and efficiently. 

For example, you can use an online form to:

By phone

Opening times

  • Monday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
  • Tuesday, 9.00am to 4.00pm
  • Wednesday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
  • Thursday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
  • Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm

(We are closed on public bank holidays)

Help us to provide a fast and efficient service to you by avoiding telephoning the contact centre at our busiest times. 

Our busiest time is always between 9.00am and 10.00am each morning when call queues are at their longest.

We are much less busy in the afternoons after 3.00pm. If you can call at this time you are likely to have a much shorter wait.

Monday is often our busiest day and Friday is our quietest day.

  • Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support - 0345 3022316
  • All other enquiries - 01793 445500

Emergency phone lines are also available outside of normal working hours.

By post

Write to:

Customer Services
Swindon Borough Council
Civic Offices
Euclid Street

Town and parish councils

Many local town and parish councils are responsible for services such as grass cutting, keeping streets clean, emptying litter bins and removing graffiti. 

If you wish to report an issue and are unsure whether your parish council is responsible for the work, report it to us.

Where appropriate, we will direct it to the relevant parish council. For general information, visit our town and parish councils information page

Providing feedback

We want to hear your views on the service we've provided to you. You can use an online form to provide comments, suggestions and compliments.

More information: Complaints and feedback

Making a complaint

You may be dissatisfied about the standard of a service, actions or lack of actions by the council and its staff. In this case, you may wish to make a complaint to the council.

This is different to making a service request about a matter that concerns you, for example a missed bin collection or a noise nuisance.

If this is the nature of the contact you with to make with us, you should use the search bar at the top of the page to find the correct area of the site to make your report.

More information: Complaints and feedback

Requesting information from the council

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities.

Lots of this information is available via our publication scheme. Where it is not available however, you can make a Freedom of Information enquiry.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page