Mayor of Swindon
The Mayor of Swindon is Councillor Kevin Parry.
Covingham and Dorcan.
Kevin was born in Rochdale and moved to Leamington Spa at the age of two. At the age of nine he moved to Swindon and attended Liden Primary School. He then moved up to attend Dorcan School, leaving in 1990 to work for JP Bodies where he did an apprenticeship in Vehicle Body Repair and Refinishing. He also studied at North Star College, Swindon.
In 1994, Kevin joined Honda of the UK Manufacturing and still works there today in vehicle quality. He is also a Pension Trustee Director.
Kevin has been a school governor for 10 years having served on the boards of The Chalet School (Liden), Covingham Park Primary School and the Chair of Governors at Nythe Primary School. He also served as a governor for five years at the Great Western Hospital, during which time he sat on the finance committee.
As a borough councillor, Kevin has been the chair of the Safer and Stronger Overview Scrutiny Committee, Street Smart Overview and Scrutiny Committee, East Swindon Localities, Chair of Planning and Deputy Mayor for 2018 to 2019.
Kevin runs Community Action Days and regular litter picks and clean up days. Outside of council life, Kevin enjoys travelling, swimming, boxing, tennis and spending time with his family.
The Mayoress is Barbara Parry.
Barbara has lived in Swindon most of her life and went to Dorcan School. Barbara has been a governor for Covingham Park Primary School, including link governor for gifted, talented and more able and SEN children.
Barbara has done voluntary work and fundraising for local groups over the years whilst also working in manufacturing, then education and raising a family. Barbara works for a local school as an Attendance and Intervention Officer.
The Mayor’s charities for 2019 – 2020
CALM – Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Movement ~ Swindon’s Local Children’s Cancer Charity
- CALM is a registered charity, run by parents who have all experienced what it is like to have a child diagnosed with cancer
- CALM helps families that have a child receiving treatment at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon, Wiltshire
- Most of the families CALM supports are based in the Swindon and Marlborough area
- CALM is a purely voluntary charity with no paid employees
- We aim to keep all expenses as low as possible, so we can ensure money donated can help the families who need it
- CALM receives no funding from the NHS. All funds are raised by our families, with support from the local community.
Further information is available on the CALM website.
Swindon and North Wiltshire Deaf Children’s Society
- This charity provides support in Swindon and North Wiltshire to families with children who are deaf or have a hearing loss
- The group was established by parents who have children with a hearing loss over 25 years ago. It is still run by volunteer parents today.
- They organise fun events, provide a great network of families and hold fund raisers. They offer information and support to children who are deaf or have a hearing loss and their families in the Swindon and North Wiltshire area through a free membership scheme
- They also work closely with audiology and other professional organisations involved in the day to day care of our children
Further information is available on the Swindon and North Wiltshire Deaf Children Society website.
If you wish to contact the Mayor email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Mayor’s Office on 07980 752046
- The Office of Mayor (PDF)