Growing and maintaining your Swindon business
Business growth hub
Support for businesses with growth potential
- The Business Growth Hub supports businesses in Swindon and Wiltshire that have the potential, ambition and commitment to grow, from established and large organisations to SME’s (Small and Medium Enterprises).
- The Hub can help, whether you need access to finance, want to expand your markets, develop new products and services, improve leadership skills, explore marketing and digital opportunities, improve your productivity or environmental sustainability.
- Business advice, workshops, seminars and mentoring as well as networking with likeminded business people through monthly lunch meetings and growth groups connecting you to professionals, will help take your business to the next level.
- If you need advice on the council’s business services then contact the Economy team at: firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
If you are thinking about expanding your Swindon business, contact the business engagement team for information on:
- Available premises
- Agents operating in the borough
- Council owned business premises.
Selling to the Council
- Find out more about selling to Swindon Borough Council.
Advertise your business
- Swindon Borough Council offers a range of options to advertise and promote your business to potential new customers. Visit the advertising opportunities page for more information.
Business continuity management
- Business continuity management is about planning for an unexpected business interruption or emergency, and reducing the risk of loss to the organisation.
- In summary, it is about;
- Reducing risk
- Responding effectively
- Restoring normality
For further information, please contact; Business Continuity on 07824 868420 or e-mail email@example.com
Trading standards advice
- Trading Standards are here to protect the interests of Swindon consumers and businesses. For more information visit the Trading Standards advice for traders page.
Primary Authority allows your business to form a legally recognised partnership with a single local authority (known as the primary authority). Your primary authority can provide you with assured, consistent regulatory advice that makes it simpler and easier to comply with environmental health, trading standards and fire safety legislation anywhere in the country. Enforcing authorities should respect this advice when regulating your business. Participating in Primary Authority can give your business greater confidence in your regulated activities and reduce your risk of contravening legislation. Provided that you follow the advice you are given, you can feel confident that you are complying with the law.
Primary Authority is open to all businesses.
Speak to one of our regulatory teams to make Swindon your primary authority, or for more information visit the Primary Authority website.