Benefit Cap

Further advice and support

For help with moving into work, see the Moving from benefits to work website.

For help with managing your money, use the online budget planner at Citizens Advice

If you are a Swindon Borough Council tenant, you can find out more about your rent at My Housing Tenancy

If you are not a Swindon Borough Council tenant, you should contact your housing association, landlord or agent directly.

Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) is a fund which allows the Council to give financial assistance to tenants already receiving Housing Benefit (HB) but not exceeding your weekly eligible rent. For more information, see the Discretionary Housing Payments webpage.

Swindon Borough Council operates the Emergency Assistance Fund (EAF), a discretionary fund to help vulnerable people in times of crisis. For further information and details of how to apply for help, visit the Emergency Assistance Fund webpage.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page