Paying for non-residential care services

Where we have agreed to arrange care and support on your behalf, we will need to undertake a financial assessment in order to determine your contribution towards the cost of your care.

The amount an individual is required to pay will depend on their personal financial circumstances.

In order to calculate your contribution, we will need you to complete a financial assessment form (FAB1), providing details of all your benefits, income, capital, savings, investments and property (excluding a property you occupy as your main home). You will also need to tell us about any expenses you are liable for. Completion guidance and details of the information required are contained within the form below.

Every day living costs, including utility bills such as gas, electricity and water rates, do not need to be declared as the regulations we follow will ensure that an element of your income is disregarded from our assessment to enable you to pay these costs. 

You can complete and submit the online financial assessment form below:

Non-residential contribution application form

Once you have submitted the form you will need to provide documentary evidence of all income, capital and expenses declared on the form.

Supporting documentary evidence can be sent to us by post to the address shown below. Alternatively, you can email scanned documents to Since the internet is not a secure medium, we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of information sent to us via email or the internet until we receive it. Therefore, any communications sent to us in this way are at the risk of the sender.

Swindon Borough Council
Financial Assessment and Benefit Team
Civic Offices
Euclid Street

The document below may also provide further information:

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.