Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Updates on council services, health advice, and support available for residents and businesses.

How our choice-based letting system works

Your tenancy

We will typically offer new tenants a one-year introductory tenancy, followed by a secure tenancy.

For new sheltered housing tenants, we offer a one-year introductory tenancy, followed by a secure tenancy.

For more information, see: Tenancy agreements for council homes

Housing association tenancies

A housing association typically offers a one-year starter tenancy at the beginning of your tenancy.

For more information about housing association tenancies, you should visit their website or get in touch with them. See our directory of Swindon housing associations.

Give feedback about this page

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?