Apply for the 'Work to Move' scheme
The Work to Move Scheme aims to provide an option for families living in a flat or maisonette and who normally would not meet the housing need criteria, however wish to move to a house.
To be eligible for the scheme, tenants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Swindon Borough Council tenant or joint tenant living in a two or three bedroom flat or maisonette
- The tenant or joint tenant should be working, paid or unpaid (Volunteering), for 16 hours or more weekly and have done so continuously for at least one year (the person in work must have been a tenant or joint tenant for at least one year)
- Have lived in the flat for a minimum of two years & have a secure or flexible tenancy
- Have dependent children under 25 years living full time in the property
- Have no history of anti-social behaviour in the last 3 years
- At the point of application, must have a clear rent account for the last 6 months. The rent account must be continuously clear throughout the application to the point of offer of new accommodation. If the rent account is not clear over the waiting period, then the banding date will be changed to the date when the account has been cleared within the new 6 month periods.
Please note: Volunteering must be for a not-for profit organisation that is registered with the Charity Commission or is funded by the council.