Stop smoking service
Developed by experts and ex-smokers and delivered by professionals, the Stop Smoking Service provides tailored advice, support and encouragement at various locations across Swindon. The service is free and offers individuals the following:
- Help and advice to choose a suitable medication
- Free carbon monoxide testing
- Help in developing an individually tailored quit plan
- Support in making behaviour change
- Help with managing cravings and temptations
- Support with worries about weight gain and/or managing stress
- Eight to 12 weeks of stop smoking medication for people who are exempt from prescription charges
Many people try to quit smoking with willpower alone, but it is much easier with the right help. There are lots of support options, and combinations of options, available to suit everyone:
- A personal quit plan, a tool that can helps you plan your quit and access the right support
- The NHS Smokefree app, which is free to download and helps track progress, money you are saving and access to daily support
- A Stoptober Facebook group is available for contact with other smokers also attempting a quit
You are three times more likely to quit via your local stop smoking service. Contact email@example.com to find out more.
Stop smoking drop-in sessions
Our in-house specialist Stop Smoking Adviser will be offering stop smoking drop-in sessions for anyone looking for advice and support on quitting.
No appointment is necessary, you can just drop-in to receive free, non-judgmental support to your quit journey.
The clinics will be running weekly on Wednesdays between 9.30am and 10.30am and between 2.00pm and 4.00pm at Sanford House: