Moredon sporting hub
This new sporting hub will offer sport and leisure for all ages and will be aimed at those new to the sports available at the site.
It will also be aimed at those who may have stopped playing, but are keen to return to sport and physical activity, as well as those wishing to continue their activity in a better environment.
The hub will be delivered by Swindon Borough Council and then operated by North Central Swindon Parish Council.
What the £6.3million scheme will deliver
- A full size floodlight 3G pitch, fully enclosed with fencing, suitable for multi-team training and senior and junior matches
- A 1km regional standard cycling closed road circuit with a number of internal loops and cross over points, that allows three separate groups to use the track at one time
- A learn-to-ride offer for younger riders
- Car park improvements for 125 standard spaces, 11 near accessible spaces, two mini bus spaces and 56 overflow spaces
- A coach drop-off point
- Natural sports pitches, including two football pitches and two cricket pitches
- A new pavilion with enhanced changing areas, café and reception area
How the project will be funded
The sporting hub will be funded by a consortium of four funders comprising:
- The Premier League, The FA and Government’s Football Foundation
- Sport England on behalf of the Places to Ride Programme - a programme delivered in partnership between the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, Sport England and British Cycling
- Central North Swindon Parish Council
- Swindon Borough Council
The existing car park is currently closed and will remain closed for the entirety of the project. This is for the safety of the public and our contractors.
There is public access by the entrance gate for walkers who wish to access the site, but there is no parking on site.
If you have any questions, e-mail: email@example.com.