Cremation at Kingsdown crematorium
There are several options available for memorialising your loved one:
- Book of Remembrance – We display volumes in our Book of Remembrance room. Only one entry is allowed per deceased person, and is permitted only by the applicant for the cremation/burial.
- Bench plaques – A brass plaque on a shared bench, with up to four lines of inscription.
- Vase block tablet – Situated in the garden, a York stone block featuring a brass plaque and a vase. The vase at the top enables you to leave flowers in memory of your loved one.
- Standard rose and plaque - Lease a rose in our garden rose bed, with an individual plaque placed in front.
- Existing trees – Lease an established tree on the cemetery grounds, with an individual plaque placed at the base.
- New trees – Subject to availability, you can plant a new tree on an “in perpetuity” basis to commemorate a loved one cremated at Kingsdown crematorium. Only one application is allowed per deceased person, and is permitted only by the applicant for the cremation.
- Wall plaque – A black granite plaque with gold lettering, with up to six lines of inscription.
- Remembrance plaque – A leased bronze plaque, placed in a designated area of the Trees of Remembrance field.
- Flower Room plaques – A leased metal black plaque with silver lettering, placed on an outer wall of the Flower Room.