On Trak is a counselling service for young people who, at the time of referral, are experiencing mental health problems that are likely to respond positively to 'talk-based' therapies.
Following an initial assessment, the young person referred may be offered short, medium or long-term one-to-one counselling, usually on a weekly basis. Where it is felt to be appropriate and beneficial, the young person may be referred or directed to other support services.
The service works in association with various other health and support agencies to provide counselling and help, particularly following situations of self-harm or depression.
On Trak aims to ensure that all young people have access to the service free of charge regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexuality, religious or cultural background. During the process, the young people are provided with:
- A supportive relationship at times of crisis;
- A safe place to express themselves;
- Advice and guidance to promote good mental health;
- Help with more effective ways to handle stressful situations;
- A better understanding of themselves and their relationship to their world;
- A greater awareness of their personal resources, abilities and ways to build self-esteem.
Eligible young people are provided with the service for as long as the counselling remains therapeutically valuable.
Who the service is for
The service is available to young people that are:
- Aged from 14 to 19 at the time of referral
- Experiencing moderate mental health problems that may be improved by attending one-to-one, talk-based therapy sessions.
Who can request the service
Referrals are encouraged from either the young people themselves or from parents, guardians or carers.
To find out more, please contact the On Trak counselling service on:
Tel: 01793 466366
Alternatively, you can make a referral using the form below:
Following the referral to the On Trak service, arrangements will be made to undertake the initial assessment of the young person's circumstances and needs.
Other sources of information
For more detailed information about On Trak and other restorative youth support services, see our restorative youth services plan.