What to do If your personal information is wrong

How to Deal with Inaccuracies

If you feel that any of the factual information about you is inaccurate or misleading and you would like it corrected or erased, please tell us. It would help us if you could write to Swindon Borough Council’s Data Protection Officer explaining which information you consider to be inaccurate and provide a statement of the correct information. If you are in regular contact with a council officer, you can ask for their help to do this.

Where we make corrections to, or erase parts of, your personal information, the Data Protection Officer will write to you to confirm that the appropriate changes have been made.

There may be occasions when we feel that the information we have is correct and we are unable to agree to the changes that you request. Should this occur we will tell you and keep a record of your request.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve swindon.gov.uk

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.